Massage for the elderly is a form of massage designed to meet the specific needs of the seniors. It uses Soft Tissue massage techniques, however, tailored to the specific health conditions and needs of the elderly person.
Elderly people often suffer from a variety of diseases as Parkinson’s disease , arthritis, diabetes, or heart disease, joint and muscles stiffness, limited mobility . As a result, they have poor blood circulation and limited physical activity. Many of them are also anxious, depressed, and lonely. Senior Care Massage can help them maintain and improve their overall health and well-being. In addition, it can relieve anxiety and depression and provide comfort to elderly patients.
- Increase in blood circulation,
- Removes toxins from the body
- Alleviation of headache and pain
- Mental and physical relaxation
- Improvement in length and quality of sleep
- Relief of stress , anxiety, depression, and loneliness
- Improvement of the patient’s quality of life and self-esteem
A massage session usually lasts no longer than 30 minutes, as a longer session may be too much for an elderly person.
Please, do not hesitate to call me. I am happy to answer all your questions.